Who We Help

Juveniles and ChildrenUnaccompanied Minors without Families


Children and juveniles who have been abandoned or neglected by at least one parent may be eligible for permanent residence through a process called “Special Immigrant Juvenile.” This procedure can take place whether the child is in detention, removal proceedings, or not in removal proceedings at all. A child, however, must be determined to be abandoned or neglected by a state juvenile court—whether that be a dependency and neglect proceeding, probate proceeding, or other proceeding pertaining to guardianship. Most of those procedures require a child to be under the age of 18, so timing can be critical.

If you think you may be eligible for Special Immigrant Juvenile visa in Colorado or the United States, contact Colorado law firm, Law Office of Catherine Brown, LLC or Denver and Boulder immigration attorney Catherine Brown to schedule a consultation. Contact us online at or call us at 303-322-2117.

Schedule a consultation

The button below will redirect you to the calendar.

Schedule Now

Law Office of Catherine Brown
111 N. Public Rd.
Lafayette CO 80026