Who We Help

Artists & EntertainersVisas for Artists & Entertainers


Our office and lawyer Catherine Brown can assist you with obtaining a P-3 visa for culturally unique artists or an O-1 visa for artists and entertainers in the Denver and Boulder Colorado area.
Culturally Unique Artists &Entertainers: P-3 
A person as an individual or as a group can come to Colorado and the U.S. on P-3 visa for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. The P-3 visa holder must participate in a commercial or noncommercial cultural presentation that will further understanding or development of his or her art form.

Artists & Entertainers of Distinction: O-1
A person as an individual can enter Colorado and the U.S. on an O-1 if he/she is an artist or entertainer “with distinction.” Distinction means:

Showing a one-time achievement, meaning the alien’s nomination for or receipt of a “significant national or international” award or prize in the particular field, such as an Academy, Emmy, Grammy, or Director’s Guild award.
Documenting that the Applicant meets at least three of the following suggested criteria:

• Performed / will perform as lead/starring participant in productions/events with distinguished reputations, shown by critical reviews, ads, PR releases, publications, contracts, endorsements

• National / International recognition for achievements through critical reviews, other published materials by or about the alien in major papers, trade journals, etc.

• Performed / will perform in lead /starring /critical role for organizations that have distinguished reputations, shown by media articles, testimonials, etc.

• Record of major commercial/critically acclaimed success

• Achieved significant recognition from organizations, critics, government agencies, recognized experts

• Commanded / will command high salary/other remuneration relative to others in field

• Comparable evidence – This category is key for artists and entertainers because the criteria above are not truly geared toward the type of evidence that is typical in these industries. As such, an immigration attorney is critical for discussing alternative types of evidence and obtaining letters from experts in the same or an allied field of endeavor that would fit this catch-all category.

If you are an artist or entertainer and wish to obtain an O or P visa to work in Colorado or elsewhere in the United States, contact Denver immigration lawyer, Catherine Brown, to schedule a consultation. Contact us online or call us at 303-322-2117.

Schedule a consultation

The button below will redirect you to the calendar.

Schedule Now

Law Office of Catherine Brown
111 N. Public Rd.
Lafayette CO 80026